Κυριακή 30 Αυγούστου 2009

The Beggar

Walking the streets outside a downtown café

I had some time to kill and some coffee left to share

I saw a Jesus aged beggar who looked like Jesus too

I sat beside him and he talked like he expected me there


My name is a secret and I’ll keep it undercover

I fell on the pavement from a penthouse in Manhattan

You can call me golden boy like once did my mother

It was six years of my life I’ve sold to a false Satan


Cash, stocks, cars and work all day

Supply and demand and working’s class abuse

They fuck your mind with wealth till you loose your way

A golden key in my hands, I couldn’t see how to use


Now I pay my everyday rent to the Devil

And I have the peace of mind of a dog

I have a hundred thousand guests everyday

At night I keep an eye open in the event of a fog


As long as the sun shines no worries for me

Yesterday’s news keeps me warm in the night

Now I found the keyhole but I’m missing the key

Watch me in your street I just can’t get out of your sight


My clothes are torn, dirty and borrowed

They’re stuck up on me like I stick on your brain

Now I stay one step back from tomorrow

Cursed by choice and free when I’m sleepin’ in the train

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου